Rental Terms & Conditions
Thank you for choosing Cycle Teknix as your rental choice! We are happy to be of service to you!
We will do everything to make sure your rental experience is a success and that you will have a great time. As part of your planning, kindly discuss the type of cycling that you intend doing with the rental executive so that we are able to advise on the best possible bike for the specific occasion.
In order to ensure that you know exactly what our (and your) responsibilities are, please read and kindly approve of the following terms and conditions:
Use of the bicycle:
The renter accepts the bicycle in good condition, and commits himself/herself to return the bike in equally good condition, and to ride the bike respecting the rules and obligations of Cycle Teknix, as well as committing himself/herself:
- a) Not to adjust or manipulate the mechanical parts of the bicycle.
- b) To park the bike in a manner that is safe for pedestrians and in a place where theft is minimized (i.e. no dark alleys, abandoned areas prone to theft).
- c) To return the bike to Cycle Teknix at the time and date indicated on the contract/agreement. A late return will be charged according to extra time the bicycle was used
- d) To be responsible for any loss or damage to the equipment which, at all times, remains the exclusive property of Cycle Teknix. Without the insurance and in case the equipment is lost, destroyed or damaged beyond repair in the judgement of Cycle Teknix, the renter agrees to pay Cycle Teknix the value to replace the equipment. The replacement charge will be determined by Cycle Teknix and charged at the time of the rental.
- e) Bicycles should at all times be transported inside a vehicle or on carriers where possible. Damage due to improper storage and/or transport will be charged to the client’s account. No more than two bicycles should be transported in the back of a bakkie (truck) unless fastened in an upright position.
Charges for use / Insurance:
We recommend that you are adequately insured. We cannot be responsible for your own illness or injury or for damage or loss of your personal belongings while on a ride with our bicycle. It is also recommended that this insurance cover you in the event of cancelation of your trip i.e Cape Town Cycle Tour
The renter agrees to pay for the rental of the bike and any additional fee that is applicable for any mistreatment of the bicycle. In case the bicycle is broken because of mistreatment, lost or stolen, the excess amount of R 5000.00 is applicable and payable by the renter.
If any of the rental items i.e helmet, saddle bag, multi tool, tyre lever, bicycle pump are lost or damaged, this will also be billable by the renter.
Replacement costs for the Bicycle Carriers should be enquired upon booking with the Rental Executive
Repairs and Maintenance:
- In case of a breakdown, don’t abandon the bicycle. You should contact us immediately via telephone to arrange for the possibility of an exchange of a bicycle of equivalent or superior quality based on availability of bicycle and transport. All repairs needed as a result of the use of the equipment including all parts and call out shall be paid by the renter.
- Cycle Teknix also cannot guarantee product inferiority i.e tyre and tube bursts while in use.
- Mechanical issues reported after use/rental period has expired may not be refunded
The client agrees that he/she will release Cycle Teknix from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages to the user of the equipment listed on this form or to any other person.
The client accepts for full responsibility for the care of this equipment and thereby agrees to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling.
- If a scheduled rental is cancelled due to poor weather conditions such as heavy rain, customers may reschedule their booking for another date (dependent on availability) by given sufficient notice in writing with the EXCEPTION over the Cape Town Cycle Tour period.
- Cancellation fee of 50% of the deposit will be applicable for cancellations done, less than 48 hours prior to the booking with the EXCEPTION over the Cape Town Cycle Tour period. i.e no refund is applicable.
- Bookings are only reserved once payment has been secured.
- Payment can be done via electronic transfer, cash or via credit card.
- Unfortunately, we do not have any rental cycling shoes. Clients are encouraged to bring their own, as well as pedals other than those supplied on our Pedal Offering Sheet below.
- Do not leave the bike unattended. Locks deter theft but they do not prevent all theft from happening
- Rates as per our website may change without prior notice.
- Delivery and collection is charged by area and should be arranged with booking. Deliveries and collections are not made on Sundays. Standard delivery area: Table View, Bloubergstrand, Milnerton at no charge. Deliveries outside of this zone will be charged per km
- All bookings are subject to availability. When a booking is made by one person on behalf of another person or people, that person confirms to Cycle Teknix that he or she has the authority to make such a booking.
- It is the rider/s responsibility to ensure his bicycle is 100% working order at least 24 hours prior to race day. Should there be an issue, it is the rider/s responsibility to take the bicycle to one of the two outlets in Cape Town (i.e Table View or Kenilworth) to have the concern seen to. Bicycle Hire can send someone out to assist after hours at an additional fee.
- Collection of bicycles post the Cycle Tour may be up to 48 hours due to the large volume of bikes being collected during this period.
- All bicycles undergo a proper service and Quality Control check prior to delivery. Due to the nature of the equipment, unforeseen breakages are possible. Bicycle Hire will not be kept liable for any such breakages and no claims may be made against Bicycle Hire or any of its staff members over the Cycle Tour period.